LAMB ME YOUR RECIPE:
LAMB SHOULDER BUAH KELUAK
A classic Peranakan cuisine with lamb shoulder and buah keluak from Indonesia.
LAMB ME YOUR RECIPE
WITH PAUL FOSTER
LAMB BUAH KELUAK
This episode introduces something a little different. Paul talks about how long it took for him to get used to Buah Keluak and his on and off affair with Peranakan cuisine. So, if he can learn to change so can his mother!
They spend this episode cooking Lamb Buah Keluak and talking about their love for Peranakan culture in Singapore.
500gm lamb shoulder
20gm lamb mince meat to mix with the buah keluak blended pulp
2 tbsp cooking oil
12 dried chilles soaked warm water, deseeded
8 fresh chillies
8 shallots slice
8 garlic crushed
3 cups tamarind water
4 lemongrass, crush white part only
5 lime leaves
3 candle nuts, pound till fine then add in the spice
10 pcs of yellow ginger
10 pcs lengkuas (blue ginger) slice thinly
1tbsp blachan (prawn paste)
1. Heat wok & add cooking oil.
2. Add spice paste & fry until a top layer of oil appears on the spice.
3. Add lamb shoulder & mix well with the spice.
4. Add tamarind water, crushed lemongrass and 5 lime leaves.
5. After 10 minutes, add in the buah keluak.
6. Let it simmer on low heat for 1-2 hours.