LAMB ME YOUR RECIPE:
ACHIOTE ROAST LAMB
A rotisserie lamb that pairs with Achiote – a traditional and rare Mexican spice.
LAMB ME YOUR RECIPE
ACHIOTE ROAST LAMB - CHICO LOCO
Chico Loco’s Chef Randy Torres creates another unique dish – Achiote Roast Lamb.
A rotisserie lamb that pairs with Achiote – a traditional Mexican spice that is a rare find outside of its home country.
CHEF RANDY TORRES
“I’ve known of The Loco Group when I first arrived in Singapore and always loved dining at all its restaurants,” says Chef Randy. “Having the opportunity to come back to my roots which is Mexican cuisine while having the ability to be creative in developing modern Mexican dishes at The Loco Group was what excited me and a challenge I’ve been looking forward to for a long time.”
Having been in Singapore for 10 years now, Chef Randy is often inspired by local ingredients and strive to marry flavours that Singaporeans are familiar with, with Mexican cuisine to create dishes that are accessible to everyone from all backgrounds.
Boneless Leg (est. 1-1.5kg)
200gm(approx.) Mex Paste – enough to coat.
10gm sweet paprika
180gm canola oil
30gm ground coriander
10gm ground cumin
55gm Achiote paste
1. Put the garlic and oil in a roasting pan then in the oven at 160C for 10min
2. After the garlic has roasted and cooled down put into a blender with all the other ingredients.
3. Blend until smooth.
4. Remove and store at room temperature.
Achiote Roasting Lamb
1. Pre heat oven to 160C
2. Rub each lamb leg generously with the paste and roll into its natural shape.
3. OPTIONAL - Put large dice veggies like onions, carrots, celery and potatoes under the lamb while roasting to serve with the lamb.
4. Put marinated lamb on a roasting tray into the oven at 160C for 60-70min for medium rare - medium.
EXPERIENCE ACHIOTE ROAST LAMB
AT CHICO LOCO
Monday to Friday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm