LAMB ME YOUR RECIPE:
MOROCCON LAMB SKEWERS
Simple ingredients of fresh herbs and high-quality free-range lamb cuts from Australia.
LAMB ME YOUR RECIPE
MOROCCAN LAMB SKEWERS
Chef Tazi Mohammed from Opus Bar & Grill goes for the option of curing his homesickness by creating a distinctive Moroccan Lamb Skewer by using the simple ingredients of fresh herbs and high-quality free-range lamb cuts from Australia to enhance the flavour profile
CHEF TAZI MOHAMMED
Lamb skewers is one of the popular must-have dish in restaurants and even in home-cooked meals in Morocco.
It reminds me of my younger days growing up in Morocco as the family comes together to prepare this dish from scratch just with simple ingredients of fresh quality lamb cuts and herbs to enhance the flavour profile.
We chose to use lamb of Australia as they provide a consistent supply of fresh high quality free-range lamb cuts which are mild-tasting, less gamey and naturally tender in texture.
1kg lamb leg steaks, trimmed, cut into 2.5cm pieces
1 cup of extra virgin olive oil
80g chopped garlic
2 handful of Chopped parsley
1 large onion (finely chopped)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon cumin powder
250g natural yoghurt
1 /k cup freshly chopped mint leaf
Zest of 1 lemon
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
To prepare the Minted Yoghurt
1. Combine yoghurt, garlic, lemon zest, fresh lemon juice & chopped mint leaves in a bowl.
2. Season with salt and pepper.
To prepare Lamb Skewers
1. In a large bowl, marinate the lamb cubes with olive oil, chopped parsley, cumin, grated onion & garlic, salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste.
2. Leave marinated lamb cubes in the chiller for 48 hours.
3. Thread the lamb cubes into the skewers
4. Grill the lamb skewers for 3-4 minutes each side for medium or until fully cooked.
5. Serve minted yoghurt with lamb skewers
Finish garnish & top with mint leaves and fresh parsley.
EXPERIENCE MOROCCAN LAMB SKEWERS BY OPUS BAR & GRILL
Tel: +65 6730 3390
Ground-Floor Lobby, Hilton Singapore
581 Orchard Road, Singapore 238883
Daily: 10.30am to 10.30pm